Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Why I Started Blogging

In December of last year I was in desperate search of winter break. I was exhausted and had no clue what I had done from August up to that point. I knew I did some good things but I was so busy that it was hard to remember EVERYTHING. To get back in the groove of things after winter break, I began letting teachers make goals for the second half of the year that I could support them with. Then I thought, I need to make a goal for myself to keep pushing myself as a coach and learner. I knew that I needed some kind of outlet to track my thoughts, things that I had done, and the awesome things that teachers had let me work with them on.

I decided to make my goal to start my own blog. I had no intentions of making my blog public domain (ha). Then one day my tech coach tweeted one of my posts for the world to see! Let's just say I went from 12 views to 412 overnight! If that wasn't motivation to keep posting, I don't know what is!

So here I am some months later with a back to school goal of blogging at least once a week. I've been able to keep up with it so far (only by putting it on my calendar). Many times before I make a new post, I read through what I wrote in the past.

It has been a wonderful experience. Of course I will make another goal in regards to my blog during Christmas break. I'm so excited to see where my blog goes over the next few months.

Working in a tech school, blogging is taking off. We have students who are beginning to blog. Their voices can be shared around the world. That is so inspirational. I'm not quite sure if they know how big that is quite yet, but I can't wait to see where they go with their blogs and share them with the world.

It all started with a need to release my thoughts, a computer, a tech coach who loves Twitter and here I am, an official blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rida! Glad it has turned into something so amazing for you as well. I know that I had no idea how much I would get out of my blog as well. Great job on being brave and keeping up with the plunge

    ReplyDelete