Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School Goal Making

Today is the big day! It's the first day of school. Today was extra hard for me because my son started Kindergarten. So excited for my little guy's educational journey. I have set goals for him such as bedtime, homework, and dinner time. As I think of him and all of the goals that I have set for him to have a successful school year, I have taken the time to make some goals for myself. I need to do more with my blog, so my goal is to blog at least once a week. I need to keep up with my professional learning, so my goal is to block out some time during the week (we will see how long this one lasts). The BIGGEST goal I have for myself is to be respectful of my OWN time. This year made me really reflect on last year, my first year as an instructional coach. I find it very odd that I really don't remember anything that I did before Christmas break. It was probably because I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep up and figure out the world of coaching. So here I am making a goal for better time management. I want to be an effective coach but overworking is just not healthy. Many nights I would crash at 8pm and then wake up 3am to work until it was time to get ready for the day. That was ridiculous! So on the first night before school, I went to bed before 11pm and I didn't wake up!  I know more goals will come along, but for now I'm just shooting for hard work, better blogging, great time management, memories, more time with  my little guy
, success stories, and 8 hours of sleep! What's your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment